Gastric bypass surgery can be very lonely

Mrs-stick
on 1/25/10 2:02 pm - Orting, WA
Just wondering if there is anyone that might want to make a friend and help me walk through this?Maybe like a mentor. Or someone that is working there way through it right now. I am just starting and am a bit overwhelmed and frightened. Just thought I would ask.
Debbie D.
on 1/26/10 4:38 am - Chelan, WA
Hi there,

I too am looking for support and would support in the same way.  I have been wanting surgery since 2005.  I have been through you-know-what trying to get approve.  I am on medicaid and lately have two post on the message board just trying to get my story out there for those who have a hard time with medicaid as well.  I don't want to see people give up on their dreams.

Support is so needed.  I would love to have more friends as well and be there to in return for those too.  Friend request welcome here too.

Debbie
jlph62
on 1/27/10 12:30 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi
I am having surgery on Monday Feb 1st.  This is my 4th surgery date.  I have had a two year battle with health issues but now it is finally going to happen.  I would love to be friends with both of you and share my journey with you.
Joanne
Mrs-stick
on 1/28/10 10:17 am - Orting, WA
Hi Joanne,
You can count on me!! I am just starting me journey. Tomorrow will be my first visit to the Dietitian. What is your Ins. provider? Mine is Regence Boeing. I am really looking forward to becoming your friend. ~Diane
thisbe777
on 1/28/10 10:07 am
i'm in federal way -- i'm always a good listener...

pm me and i'll give you my cell #

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Mrs-stick
on 1/28/10 10:22 am - Orting, WA
Hi there,
I would love very much to become friends! I am just starting. Looking forward talking with you. `Diane
shannoncooper122
on 2/7/10 10:59 am - mcchord afb, WA
yes it can be lonely.. wait until everything about you changes and no one understands... this is your home now.. join the support group near you.  you will need people with similar problems and goals ..
Most Active